View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:11 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Wow, Odin Wept made it in!

It's a great honor indeed to have a map ushered into the WoS.
Huge thanks here are due the judges, for all they do on behalf of our community.

And a toast to @GameBear , @OEAO , @superfrog , @Flash_19 , and @Dysole , for all their feedback along the way and their suggestions for improvement. Most of my maps feel like collaborative projects by the end, and if they ever turn out successfully, that's the reason why. Odin Wept is no different. So, thank you, good people. I owe you lots.

An additional shout-out here goes to @GameBear , because Odin Wept was inspired by his map Contrast. I'd never thought about combining BftU, VW, and TT until I saw Contrast. And Odin Wept steals two elements of Contrast's basic architecture that I loved: its central 4-hex glacier, and the idea of propping up the 24-hex dungeon plate on a 7-hex rock slab in the SZ.

Finally.... @OEAO , I have to say it again here: after the first version of Odin Wept crashed and burned at ScapeCon '22, I had given up on it as a lost cause. It was only your encouragement that convinced me to revisit and tweak the map, and eventually submit it to the WoS. This makes you, sir, the map's godfather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Congrats @Typhon2222 ! Odin Wept has been one of my favorite maps as of recent, very happy to see its induction here.
Thanks @Shurrig !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Odin Wept is my favorite map, and it is the only map I'd give a 10/10. There isn't a single aspect of it that is improvable IMO- a truly singular feat. Congratulations Typhon, and thanks for designing such an impressive map!
There is no higher praise one could hope for.

Last edited by Typhon2222; March 16th, 2024 at 12:46 AM.