View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2022, 12:49 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Parallel: This is one of the maps I played the most last year. I think it's really close, but ultimately there are a few tweaks that could really make it shine.

This is a prime candidate for a map that doesn't use the 6-hex glacier. I already let Cleon know this, but I think you fix all of the issues by dropping the 6-hex glacier and going from a 7/7 split up top to a 4/4 or 5/5 split. As-is, I've had games that almost entirely take place on one small side. My thoughts on two-hill maps have changed over the years (the entirety of a map doesn't need to be used each game), but those were games where maybe 1/10th of the map was used. And again, opening up the pathways would solve it.

Overall, the map is good but too tight. I don't love the lone 1-hex glacier placement (which is why I'd lean towards 5/5, essentially trimming off the back two hexes of the 6-hex glacier). NO to induct (but I hope to see it back).