View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2019, 03:35 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Crypolith) - Pod 0 - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I think that whatever name and theme we go with for the towers should be consistent with how they're portrayed in scenarios. Perhaps we could add some simple additional rules to them if it makes sense, but I don't think we should say that they're sci-fi towers in one scenario and ancient artifacts in another.
I suppose it depends on how we view scenarios. If we're only concerned about a specific set of scenarios in the Master Set with a specific theme, then we could go with that specific name. But if we want to leave it open and flexible for anyone to use and create scenarios with outside of that, then we should lean generic.
That's a fair point for a generic name if we want to leave scenario-makers free to make their own stories. I think that Ancient Pillar or the like similarly locks out a sci-fi theme, though, and those themes can't be conveyed with other sets already. Adding a lightly themed sci-fi piece for mapmakers to use would expand the possibilities in that regard, since it's a niche that's hard to fill with what's already been released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
On an unrelated note, how long have you been a Gila monster in Kaemon Awa's helmet??
I've always been a goanna lizard. Becoming Kaemon Goanna was just the next step of my evolution.

So, in other words, since yesterday.