View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2022, 05:20 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

On the dual small ruin question, personally I'm against it. Firstly, I think working within at least some restrictions and finding a solution for the ruins is the sign of a good map maker. Yes, it is fun to just grab everything in the closet and build a huge map with whatever I have, but working within restrictions brings out some really creative solutions.

Secondly, I've grown to really dislike fully absolute symmetry in maps. One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing someone use the three and one hex glacier in the mirrored location of the four hex glacier. I've done it on some of my maps and I just think it looks bad. I think slightly asymmetrical maps are superior as long as the differences don't have a significant impact on the game.

Dual small ruins is a "break the 4th wall" moment in map making for me. I realize many won't have the same opinion, but it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".