View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2018, 05:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Autumn Custom Competition Poll - Vote by October 8

Congrats, @Arch-vile !

There were a bunch of fine entries here. I'm not sure which I would have voted for, but I think I would have voted for the Barrenspur Giants, as well.

@flameslayer93 's San Francisco Giants are an absolute treasure, as well. Somehow he pulled off the combo theme effectively. It works brilliantly, partly because of the club/bats. I might even have voted for them as the competition winners over AV's; I don't know. Obviously they aren't candidates for the *canon*, but they are a terrific addition to this forum.

Most of the others had one or two (or three) too many gadgets for my taste. Many of the gadgets grapple with the fundamental challenge in designing a unique melee squad: they just don't last. I like @Flash_19 's reuse of Tough for that purpose, but my favorite power-based resolution (AV didn't bother with a special power; he just gave a Defense of 6) is @NecroBlade 's Numb and Dumb. Thematic, connected to the mini, and mechanically novel & effective.

I was glad to see @Lazy Orang post something, because she follows her own design muse and it never goes somewhere I'd have expected. No surprise here. Also glad to see my buddy @Taeblewalker showing his design chops, with a "dwarf toss" power that works thematically and mechanically. And who doesn't love a club sandwich? Right, @kolakoski ?

Thank you all for sharing your designs with us. I especially enjoyed the whimsy in most of these designs. It was fun to read through them.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =