View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2021, 11:42 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Rules Team HQ

I'm in support. Not sure we really need a vote, but it's probably a nice formality to have.

I have a rules question for us. Pretty sure I know what the answer is, but I think it would be good to be clear. What does the "until the next time you reveal an Order Marker." language actually mean?

I've kind of always taken it to be kind of implied that it only counts OMs that you reveal at the start of your turn, but I'm not sure that assumption is accurate. For example, the Sonic Screwdriver says this:
Quote:
The chosen figure cannot target non-adjacent figures for any attacks until the next time you reveal an Order Marker.
If I used the Sonic Screwdriver, then used a power that reveals one of my Order Markers, would that cancel the Sonic's effect? What if I use a power to reveal an opponent's OM?

On a similar note, I've always assumed "After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a XXX you control and taking a turn with that XXX..." language implies that it only refers to the initial OM reveal you do at the start of your turn, but I know we have a few On Deck designs that assume that's not true.

I guess overall I'm asking if the "reveal an OM" language ever has some implied meaning to it, or if it just literally always means what it means.