View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2021, 03:02 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Goblin Slashers

Quote:
GOBLIN RETREAT
After attacking with Goblin Slashers, you may move 3 engaged Goblin Slashers you control up to 3 spaces each. A Goblin Slasher never takes leaving engagement attacks when moving with Goblin Retreat and can only move if it ends its retreating move not adjacent to any enemy figures.
The last sentence is grammatically problematic, uses the very broad game term "move" where we would expect some kind of reference like "use this power," and — as far as I can tell — is without precedent. I'll spare everyone my boring analysis, and just jump to the part where we consider that the existing wording convention for situations where LEA avoidance is combined with a movement restriction is to use two separate sentences, as seen on Command Courier and Elaria the Pale:
FLEET FOOTED ... A figure moving with Fleet Footed never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A Command Courier can use Fleet Footed only if he ends his move not adjacent to any enemy figures.

SLIPPERY 6 ... Elaria the Pale will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Slippery. Elaria the Pale can use this power only if she ends her Slippery move not adjacent to any enemy figures. ...
Given that I couldn't find a combined-sentence version on any other Hasbro/WotC or VC unit, it seems helpful to consider having the Slashers conform to the Elaria wording rather than introduce a new and unprecedented (and grammatically questionable) wording for the exact same game mechanic. It also wouldn't be optimal if future units copied this wording instead of looking back to the earlier, clearer, and more flexible wordings.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list