View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2018, 03:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Deathwings
  • Range of 4 on normal attack, which is an attack of 2. (Range 8, Attack 4 for MARS) Granted they get 2 normal attacks, most would take the Range 8, 4 attack every day of the week and twice on sunday.
  • They have to get in close, they are giving up board control to pull off their Special attack.
  • Only figures adjacent to them are affected, smaller potential figures to affect, much smaller.
  • You sacrifice 50 points per 2 explosions
  • 3 defense vs 5 defense

These are all much much worse than MARS, completely different class of figures.

• The total move of 7 compensates for the lack of range. A total of 4 attack dice are rolled, or since they have flying, and they can take height pretty easily, for a total of 6 attack dice, over the potential of 5 if you can ever get M.A.R.S. onto height. I do concede that 4 attack is better than 2 attacks of 2.
• They do have to get in close, but they have a lot more firepower when they do, and they have the mobility to pull it off.
• It's true, the maximum potential of 12 compared the potential of 18, looks weaker on paper, but the Deathwings can fill the gaps than a good player will make to try and counter the explosion. with M.A.R.S. you just need 1 space between everything to turn the special into a single target double attack. The Deathwings can fill those gaps of 1 space with themselves.
• You sacrifice 50 points, and for the 125 that M.A.R.S. brings you'll have another 3 Deathwings to use with your 5 Special attack dice.
• 3 defense against melee, Evasive makes it 5 against range, matching M.A.R.S., and if you are close enough for melee to reach you, you're either on height, or blowing yourself up anyway, so it wouldn't matter.

I think that M.A.R.S. is better than a squad of Deathwings. But I think He's about on par with 2 and a half squads of Deathwings.
I've got a bridge to sell you...
This is hardly a professional way of responding to Leaf_It's argument. He's made a very valid comparison between the Zettian Deathwings and M.A.R.S., and while I do think that M.A.R.S. is the stronger unit, this honestly seems rude and dismissive to me.

It's perfectly fine if you don't like the unit, but that doesn't mean that everyone who does is wrong or somehow gullible.
Trust me, expect people to be dismissive of disagreement here, it's kind of what happens. If I were you I'd forget about trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with SoV and just let your awesome unit be an awesome unit. Not everything has to be to the tastes of a clique.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================