View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2017, 09:34 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Adam Warlock

Regular old Adam Warlock looks good to me. Like you've said, the guy has a million powers, so focusing on the Soul Gem is probably the right call. And a third power to give him some cosmic flair sounds good.

The Cocoon seems fine... but I'm a bit curious about whether it's needed. Like, pay some extra points to deploy him later - sure. And theoretically it can also be used for a future Magus card. But it just feels... off to me. In my experience, the theme of Adam and his cocoon is like this:

"Wow, what a mysterious entity. He comes and goes, hibernating for long periods. We must seek him out! But when he emerges, what will this incredible figure do?"

There's uncertainty about the when/where/how of his birth or rebirth. That doesn't align with the "pop up on command ahead of his allies" draft ahead. Can we really capture the right theme though and still make it an attractive draft?