View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2019, 01:37 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: How will C3V units affect the Metagame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Playing to time out a win? No wonder I’ve never seen it. Heresy!
I don’t condone it, but in tournament play sometimes that’s the way to go. Higher stakes events like GenCon would warrant play like that.
To my mind, for the same reason that OEAO decided against using such a strategy, it is flatly unacceptable. It's the kind of rules exploit that, when exposed in a major sport, leads to rules being changed. When the New Jersey Devils started playing their boring but effective neutral zone trap defense in the early to mid '90s, the NHL changed the rules to open up the game again.

In 'Scape, it might not lead to rules changes, but I imagine it would lead to format changes.

Such a player - podding up on height with artillery, and never moving - would deservedly be a pariah.
It would lead to a stern talking to from every organizer at GenCon. This type of strategy is really quite unacceptable at GenCon; there’s nothing to win but minor notoriety and dice. It’s quite casual compared to competitive events for other games.

I do want to point out that when I say I considered that Charos, Cyprien, Marro Warriors army, I never even got around to testing it. I built it more to see if it could be done (and I’m almost certain it can be). It’s not something I’d ever do, but I think that and similar strategies exist (Q9 Rats Raelin is actually fairly adjacent, although that is at least pretending to play the game).