View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2018, 12:48 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Astroking112's Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noziroh View Post
@Astroking112 I agree, I remember looking through that post and thinking that sculpt was definitely the best looking. For now I’ll just use an AotP Pummelroot as a proxy. Overgrowth and By The Roots are so creative, I can’t wait to try him out this weekend!
That's a great proxy to use in the meantime! I actually think that I'll do the same when testing him until I settle on a sculpt acceptable for SoV. I'm honored that you're so excited to use him; please let me know how he fares!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noziroh View Post
@Astroking112 Arboris is so cool!!! Do you know the name of the figure? I have to have it!
I'm actually not sure, but @Dr.Goomonkey might know. I love the sculpt, but if I remember correctly, pretty much all of the minis used in the Springtime Custom Contest were pretty rare.

I'm hoping to get Arboris inducted into the SoV at some point, so I was waiting to see if a more widely available sculpt would come along for him (or if I would need to change anything when C3V releases what might be an Ent/Tree faction). It pains me a little bit, because I think his current sculpt looks awesome.
The Spring figures were, sadly, all pretty rare. Arboris is an Oak Warrior from Mage Knight, and last I checked online he was nowhere to be found. Fortunately, the Summertime figure is readily available!
Thanks for the info! I do see a couple of those sculpts on eBay, but it's far too rare to be acceptable for SoV. It's a pity, because I think that the sculpt looks awesome and would be a perfect fit for Arboris.

I was wondering if the more widespread availability of the Tanuki for the current contest was inspired by how hard many of those Ents were to find.