View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2014, 02:00 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Re: CLVI Legion- Legoboy's 5th Grade HeroScape Club

Yesterday's club session was really competitive and fun. Despite the fact that its summer break, we still have club in our school. Word about our club is getting around and an administrator and two teachers stopped by to see what it was all about.

Game 1- Thor vs. 2Kool

Thor is a huge fan of the Werewolf Lord. When we play casual games at one of our homes, he usually brings at least one army using the biggest dog in Valhalla. His army yesterday consisted of a Werewolf Lord, some Wolves of Badru, a dozen Arrow Gruts and Dund. 2Kool played with an army showcasing Ullar's strength, Jotun, Charos, Greenies and Dund.

Thor led with the Wolves, while 2Kool sent Jotun as her lead. The werewolf was able to infect the giant with Lycanthropy, but while taking considerable damage. Thor was successful with his only attempt at Crippling Gaze, while 2Kool went 2 for 5. 2Kool won the match by quickly taking out the werewolf and sent Thor home with his tail tucked between his legs.

Game 2-Cruz Control vs. Catgirl

Cruz Control enjoys the flexibility of Major Q10's two different special attacks. He arrived at club early to be sure he could but the Soulborg in his army along with Marcus and some Redcoats, Marcu Esenwein and Dund. Catgirl also showed up early, hoping to snatch Knights away from Sugary Kiwi. She was successful and played Sir Dupuis and three squads of KoWs with Theracus and Dund.

Cruz Control relied on Q10 and the soldiers to do most of his work. He used Dund sparingly and went 2 for 4 on Crippling Gaze attempts. Catgirl really put Dund to work, using him to destroy three of the British soldiers, Marcu and Marcus. She also rolled for a successful Crippling Gaze 4 out of 6 times. With that kind of success, her win wasn't too difficult to obtain. Catgirl wins.

Game 3- Rico vs. IceMaster

For this week's game, Rico chose to play a hodgepodge of figures; Major Q10, two Dumutef Guards, Mezzodemons, Phantom Knights, Otonashi and Dund. IceMaster stuck with his tried and true grouping of Grimnak, Ne-Gok-Sa, Raelin, Isamu, Krav Maga Agents, Tarn Vikings and Marro Warriors and of course Dund.

IceMaster has played that army successfully for four years now, and was able to defeat Rico's band of misfits. Ice did use Dund to destroy a single Phantom, and missed on 8 Crippling Gaze attempts. Rico went 2 for 2 on Crippling Gaze before his Dund was destroyed. IceMaster for the win.

Game 4- FedoraLord vs. Sugary Kiwi vs. Legoboy (3 player FFA)

Some of you may recognize FedoraLord. He has been on here before, but always as Legoboy's Boy. I figure that now that he's a sophomore, he can be his own person.
The downside to FedoraLord is that the kid is good, and when I realized that I would be playing against both him and Sugary Kiwi, I started to doubt my chances. Sugary Kiwi's score last week left her 100 points ahead of me, and I wasn't going to close the gap if I lost.

FedoraLord played with Kurrok and the Elementals (4 each of fire, water and air) plus Dund. Sugary Kiwi played Syvarris, Eldgrim, three squads of 4th Mass, Dund and a whole mess of Rats. I played the same army as last week; two Hyrdas, Krav Maga, three squads of 'Reavers and Dund.

The Kiwi flooded the board with her rats, flooded. They were everywhere. FedoraLord sent Dund straight at me, and Fire Elementals at Sugary Kiwi. I decided to stay at home, keep my Rats between my Agents and everyone, like the Great Wall of Hamlin (maybe). I sent a hydra at FedoraLord, knowing that if I could quickly destroy Kurrok, he would be crippled. On the way to Kurrok, my Hydra just happened to find himself on height against Dund, so I wiped the doggin out. A few turn later, Kurrok met the same fate and FedoraLord was no longer a problem. By this time, Sugary Kiwi had 4th Mass and her rats all over the board, and now her Dund was prowling around also. I knew that if I were to catch up on points, I needed to get mine moving too. I still had Dund behind my wall of rats, so I crippled her Deathreavers before moving him out.

At this point, the Kiwi was focused on taking FedoraLord out of the game (in a three player game, under our scoring method, 2nd place scores some points). She spent more energy beating his remaining elementals than she probably would have normally. I was able to be active with Dund, making several attempts at Crippling Gaze and trying repeatedly to destroy one lone Deathreaver. When she brought Syvarris out, I sent my Hydra to deal with the Elf. Kiwi bogged the Hydra down with Rats and the 4th Mass and Syvarris shredded him. Finally, I had no recourse left but to spring my Agents out from behind the wall and go attack. And attack they did, wiping out the remaining 4th mass and Syvarris in a quick series of turns.

In the end I was victorious, but used my Agents to destroy Eldgrim (to try to speed up the game) instead of holding off and trying to destroy him with Dund. With our scoring system i would have earned an additional 100 points if Dund made the finishing kill. I hope those 100 points don't come back to haunt me.

My Dund only killed a Deathreaver, Kiwi's killed a Fire Elemental and FedoraLord's didn't destroy anything. I was able to successfully roll Crippling Gaze 5 out of ten times, Kiwi 3 out of 6, and FedoraLord's didn't have any attempts. Legoboy for the win (250 points), Sugary Kiwi for 2nd (100 points).

Standings- After 2 Games
11th- 0 points- Fedoralord (0 wins)
10th- 185 points- Olaf (1 win) (6th last week)
9th- 200 points- ShogUn (1 win) (5th last week)
8th- 240 points- Cruz Control (0 wins) (9th last week)
7th- 345 points- 2Kool (1 win) (10th last week)
6th- 360 points- Thor (1 win) (3rd last week0
5th- 400 points- Rico (0 wins) (4th last week)
4th- 425 points- IceMaster (1 win) (7th last week)
3rd- 710 points- Catgirl (1 win) (8th last week)
2nd- 905 points- Sugary Kiwi (1 win) (1st last week)
1st- 1100 points- Legoboy (2 wins) (2nd last week)

Ranking is based on cumulative points, but I always like to see how people are doing in points per game (PPG) also.
10th- Cruz Control- 120 PPG (8th overall)
9th- 2Kool- 172.5 PPG (7th overall)
8th- Thor- 180 PPG (6th overall)
7th- Olaf- 185 PPG (10th overall)
5th- tie- Rico and ShogUn- 200 PPG (5th and 9th overall, respectively)
4th- Icemaster- 212.5 PPG (4th overall)
3rd- Catgirl- 355 PPG- (3rd overall)
2nd- Sugary Kiwi- 452.5 PPG (2nd overall)
1st- Legoboy- 550 PPG (1st overall)