View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2022, 11:22 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Casters of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKPlusUltra View Post
Listening to Entry 10 Melee Bonding for probably the 7th time and I literally caught something I never picked up before. It was brought up by Nathan when he asked you @OEAO if Nerak’s buff is priority for the Heavies or Grimnak and you didn’t hesitate to say Grimnak.
In past games using Heavies I always tried to optimize Neraks buff for the heavies. Thinking about it now he is pretty much an investment of 50pts to ensure Grimnak stays alive most of the battle, I know that’s not completely true but it ties directly into something else you have said about the Heavies army previously. I’m paraphrasing but it went something like “If Grimnak stays alive the whole battle, your chances of winning greatly increase”
When I come at it with that approach, it definitely seems less overwhelming for me. I always second guessed myself and when placing Nerak because I always wanted to protect the most Heavies as possible. Several times my Nerak got sniped because he was too close to all of the action. If I focus on protecting Grimnak, Nerak should stay alive longer by default because ideally there should be a horde of Orcs between the enemy and Grimnak which goes double (ideally) for Nerak.
This is definitely true. Nice job playing Grimnak in your latest battle video- your protection of him with the Gruts was very good! I would have liked to see Nerak move on to the closest 2-hex grass level 3 right outside your starting zone on OM 3, as that would have protected both Grimnak and the Gruts for the first half of the battle. Nerak's buff on the Gruts is also really nice, as if your brother had just focused on killing Gruts instead of splitting attacks between Gruts and Grimnak, you wouldn't have been able to kill Q9.

I would also recommend that he save the PKs until the endgame in that matchup- he should've rode Warriors of Ashra for as long as possible, then switched to either PKs or Q9. Splitting OMs like that is pretty ineffective in cheese matchups- you're better off getting value with whatever you're currently using.