View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2019, 02:38 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Orc's Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
What are everyone's thoughts on Venoc Vipers? We've both got them at B+, and on my old list I actually had them above Arrows and Blades! I lost to Megasilver once with a tron army, where he killed ~10 glads in the space of 2 order markers. They made a few apperances in day two of some of the RtW years and those players went deep.
Yeah, I think B+ is about right for Venocs. Maxing threat range on them helps even out the fact that they have 0 defense, and Frenzy is good, but variance keeps them in check.
@OrcElfArmyOne

Great list! Any chance we can get your descriptions for the rest of the characters in the original post?
Thanks! I plan on continuing again in a few weeks after GenCon once I have some time.
Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Also, something that you may want to consider which would, admittedly, probably be a major undertaking and somewhat controversial, would be to use the full grading scale when reviewing figures. I see that your introduced the S scale for the top figures which is commonly used in the fighting game scene to really give the most accurate ratings as possible.

As I was reading this thread, I'm seeing people refer to things as "strong B+" or "weak A-." Because those separate classifies are not reflected in the original rating, I think you should instead simply move them up or down a class so they are no longer a "strong or weak" anything.

This would of course, cause some figures to be in classes that do not reflect their true power which is why I recommend using the additional S class ratings. As an example that would mean that some figures that were A+ would now be S and so on. It's just a great way to really show where figures are on the true power scale.

Just my two cents.
It’s certainly an interesting prospect and one that I’ll consider. Expanding the rankings outwards and utilizing the SSS, SS, and S rankings are an option; however, I do want to keep as much of a formatting similarity with the original tier list (by Jexik and Spider Poison). This would shift the As to A+s, A-s to As, etc.

Also, there are strong and weak units for nearly every grade. Separating them all out would require almost twice the number of ranks, which doesn’t seem doable.

I’m hoping to start a podcast/video series in the fall about competitive scape. I’m still figuring out all the logistics, but one of the things I plan on covering is the rankings.