View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

I would love to watch Resident Alien, but I don't have access to that level of Hulu, and I'm not adding it to the pile.

Shows I've finished recently:

Wayne (Prime; 1 season) ~ Wild, unpredictable, violent story of an unusual young person. Reminds me of The End of the F@#$ing World, and also of Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs.

Rake (Netflix; 5 seasons) ~ Australian show, featuring a rakish criminal defense attorney. It leads to a noticeably satisfying series conclusion (though I don't know if there's a Season 6 in the works). Early guest stars include Hugo Weaving and Sam Neill, and if you didn't get to the Sam Neill episode, you're really missing something. Combination of Californication and Boston Legal, but set in Australia.

Get Shorty (Prime; 3 seasons) ~ TV show riffing on the movie (which, in turn, was based on a book by Elmore Leonard) about a likeable gangster who stumbles into a career making movies in Hollywood. It's more brutal than the movie was, and of course it's a slower pace. It features a fun role for Ray Romano. Combination of Get Shorty (the movie), The Player (Robert Altman film featuring Tim Robbins), and Fargo.

I really liked all three of these and encourage you to check them out if my blurbs tempt you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =