View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2022, 08:30 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 47 - Bring 2: Dungeon Run - Round 3 Until 5/1

Knight of Light and I are playing now.

EDIT: I triumphed in a bizarre game. I was playing KoL's Boreos/Iron Golem/Talingul/Kaemon build, while KoL was playing my Spidersx4/Wyvern x2/Estivara build.

I opened by developing out Iron Golem and Kaemon on to the famous three hex Fulcrum perch, with Boreos carrying out Talingul just behind. I was planning on a slow game, which probably didn't make sense because Spiders are fast. I was quickly punished for Talingul's risky position in Round 2, when I lost initiative and Talingul was talon grabbed out into a horde of Spiders and then Venomous Stung for 4 wounds. Talingul managed to block the rest of the Spider attacks and secure me my first OM, where I smashed 3 wounds on to a Wyvern with Iron Golem, but he was killed the turn after and I lost OM2. With the lost tempo, the Wyverns grabbed Kaemon into Estivara's aura and he was immediately slain without a single counter strike, losing my OM3.

At this point I'm pretty desperately down. It's just Iron Golem and Boreos against two Wyverns, Estivara, and the entirety of the Spiders. One of the Wyverns was locked in engagement with Iron Golem, but the other tried to chase down Boreos, who most of my turns were on. The Wyvern's attacks were ice cold, repeated 1/4s, and Boreos was able to win that duel only taking one wound. Meanwhile Spiders threw futile 2v7s into the Iron Golem. Boreos was forced to abandon killing the other Wyvern when KoL stepped up Estivara into the middle and threatened to do lethal damage to the Iron Golem. Boreos embarked on quite a journey, circumnavigating the board to carry and kill Estivara in her own startzone, and then traversing all the way back to his own startzone as he picked off Spiders. KoL could only get attacks on Boreos if Boreos failed kills on Spiders, which he rarely did. KoL had one initiative switch moment that would have given 3 attacks of 2v4 on Boreos, but he lost that initiative. Boreos, with occasional help from the Iron Golem picked off the remainder of the Spiders only taking a single wound.

Last edited by vegietarian18; May 10th, 2022 at 10:34 PM. Reason: ok perhaps Boreos is A-