View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Cathar Spearmen

Of course! Every scene has its own formats that it prefers. As it should be! We have our own different formats that we use, too! To my mind, that is quite different from posting one list for all events and saying "your armies may never be so-and-so." Mixing formats is one thing; making rules like this is quite another.

As I wrote repeatedly in the thread linked in my signature block about running your own tournaments, do whatever works best for your local tournaments. Make the rules, use the formats, that get people to attend your events. I wouldn't lightly encourage the use of Restricted lists because I think it's a sledgehammer of a solution, but if there's anybody who knows about running tournaments it's the DFW guys. They are doing what's right for them and so they should.

For me, I've never thought such a thing was needed here, where I am. And none has ever been used at GenCon, and most other places don't use them either. Doesn't mean that other things aren't used to mix up formats, but no long-term army restrictions.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =