View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2014, 05:57 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Seems pretty cool. Is the figure moved by his deceit meant to take leaving engagement attacks (that is the correct term)? I could see him being fun to pair with samurai, actually, and play a bait and switch game with your opponent. Otherwise deceit seems like a cool power and I like that it has the chance of having him defect entirely. I don't think the wording is quite perfect on it (like how you need to remove order markers from the card when you pass it over), but the idea seems solid.

He otherwise seems fairly straightforward as a filler sort of hero with an interesting gimmick. 3 life and 2 defense is awfully frail, though 4 or 5 attack can make you get some use out of him as long as you roll well enough with the d20. The miniature seems to fit with what you're going for well enough. Very neat idea. I'd guess he'd be costed on the low side, though I'm not exactly sure what.
No, the figure moved isn't supposed to take leaving engagement attacks, and I forgot about order markers. Thanks for catching those.

I though of Deceit kinda like an Isamu type of ability that boosts his survivability greatly. It also has the possibility to become overpowered somewhat. Do you think it should be used only once per turn or only against certain attacks, or is it fine as is? I wonder this as most abilities that let you get out of rolling defense dice are more, restricted. However, he has to be around other units (friendly or not).

Another thing I just thought of: He could potentially switch places with the figure attacking him. Would that figure attack itself, or would the attack get negated since a figure can not target itself? I could add a "He must be unengaged" clause to the end of it, but it wasn't what I had in mind entirely.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs