View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A_Train's Pictured Battle Reports / Predict the Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccombju View Post
GG.

A_Train... you don't need to roll for Stinger Drain all the time. In fact, it's often much better if you don't. Stingers on height (i.e. 4A) vs. the Tarns (e.g. 4D) already have a slightly greater than 50% chance of killing a Tarn with each attack (so with 3 attacks per OM, that's roughly 1.5 Tarns dead per OM... I like those odds! Haha).

Rule of Thumb:
Only roll for Stinger Drain when facing multi-lifepoint heroes:
- with 5 or more defense when you don't have height advantage
or
- with 7 or more defense when you have height advantage (e.g. Q9)

Even then, it isn't necessary to roll for Stinger Drain... it just increases the likelihood that your attack will inflict wounds (should you get the +1A boost and not end up being screwed).

Next game prediction:
A_Train ftw.
I know I probably shouldn't have rolled for Stinger drain, but I get stubborn. Especially after losing a Stinger on the first attempt, I figure "What are the chances of that happening twice in a row" and then "three times in a row".
Apparently, good odds.

Thanks for the advice though.

And welcome to the forums Oros, I'm glad you choose this thread as your starting place. I hope you enjoy playing along!