View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2018, 02:28 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Arch-vile's customs (updated Oct. 2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I agree that healing wounds can be very discouraging as the opponent. The Feral Troll can be brutal against some figures. None of them now are very good as healers, except for Kelda. But even she is pretty bad outside of a casual environment. For the Friars, I thought a 17+ (up to a max of 11+) was rare enough to not be too overwhelming for opponents.
My main concern is how you can currently roll for every wounded hero that you control. Especially in larger point games where you can afford to take some beefy heroes and these guys en masse, it could be overwhelming to opponents without some solid attackers. Limiting the roll only to figures adjacent to at least 1 Franciscan Friar would help with that potential at least somewhat, while still letting the power be pretty strong, especially with some hot dice and Saint Medicus.

As a quick aside, Saint Medicus might actually make Rhogar or Sonlen excellent healers. They both have other uses in an army, and Rhogar in particular suddenly has a 75% chance to remove 2 wounds. It's an interesting thought to see how he would make the other healers a lot more viable.

I agree with TREX's evaluation of their cost, although I do personally like the flexibility offered by making these guys common. Perhaps striking a balance at 45 points could be possible, although such slight details would really only come through in playtesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I think that a mini with a stool would never be used in official Heroscape. It's weird for the reasons you mentioned. I figured just ignoring the stool for gameplay reasons made the most sense. If these figures were ever used for a C3V/SoV design I agree that a common or uncommon would be necessary.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I figured the Monk heroes would get a good amount of use out of the healing since they could take simultaneous turns with Master Lao Xin's ability. Ranged heroes or higher life/higher defense heroes would definitely get more out of it, though.
Yeah, the stool is a tricky problem for the sculpt. "Fixing" that inconsistency would require reworking the design, though, so I can see why you ignored it.

I'm not a huge fan of the monks, but if you ever did decide to pursue a SoV submission for these guys, I may have to start looking more heavily into them. They would definitely be the strongest option for these guys, given Master Lao Xin's Shifu and the usual abundance of heroes in those builds.