View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2016, 11:34 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Avengers Quinjet

Received my quintet today and I love it. I gave Lil' Helm the motorcycle with the Cap figure on it so he's happy.

I then fiddled around with hexes to see how I could make this quintet sit nice on the game board without sliding around. I found that if you make a stand, it fits perfectly.

1. Place two 3 hex tiles, one on top of the other and place them on the board.
2. As you're looking at the hexes with the single hex facing you, put ladder pieces stacked 2 high (yes they peak way over the hexes) on the back corners of the back two hex stacks you built.
3. Put single ladder pieces on the side of the front hex facing you so that the little nubs stick up over the top tile.
4. Place the quintet on your new stand facing you. It "locks in" enough so that it won't slide back and forth, won't slide side to side, and won't spin.

Not only is it cool to have it slightly hovering as it opens up must hexes around it, but you can even imagine that the ladder pieces in the back are part of the ship and allow figures to climb up them and at least get some height advantage.

I'm going to have to take pics one of these days.