View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2020, 07:09 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

I've never read the book, but the whole selling point of the character is Teen President. And I feel like we got the President down, but maybe not totally the Teen?

I mean just look at that cover, I think it really tells a story in itself. There's definitely a vibe of teenage rebellion and sticking it to the Man there...but now the teen is the Man? A lot is going, but pretty much every detail ties back into that idea of the status quo being overthrown; "Cool it man, you had your chance!" The kids are in charge now, and the cover draws you in with the question of if they're gonna be able to do it better than the adults. (Worth noting that the book came out right in the middle of Watergate.)

I think The Prez and Lollipop+Race Car Driver walk that line between President and Teen really well, and I like the idea of him rallying a bunch of youths to work with him. But I think for a 3rd power, instead of something with clocks, it would be really cool to add a personality power to really push that feel. I don't know exactly what that would look like, maybe something similar to that "incorruptible" no mind control power you mentioned? Something that represents that youthful idealism vibe, for sure. I feel like @Ronin is really good at those kinds of powers.

And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through