View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Gen Con Exclusive 2008 revealed by WotC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers View Post
I didn't realize that exhibitors could get the promo earlier. No wonder they went so fast on Thursday. So does anyone know what changed and made them decide to not punch badges? I am still in shock that being there an hour early, waiting for the doors to open, and going straight to the booth was not sufficient to get me a promo on my only day at the con.
I also like Grungebob's idea of cheap short events being the only way to get a promo. But I would add each person can still get only one, otherwise you will have people signing up multiple times just to get the promo to sell.
Not all people who played multiple games were doing it to sell on Ebay. I got multiples to share with some I know couldn't go. I know the Rev played a couple Damnation Alley games to get extras for the people he regularly plays with. If fact Grungebob even suggested to people that they sponsor people in events as a way to get the figure -- for example, you pay my entry fee for a trounament and I give you the Agent Skahen from the game. My son sold his on this site at a reasonable (i.e., - much less than some of the Ebay prices) to help offset his costs of going and the rest goes to his car fund (15 year old saving up to buy a car next year).

So, I don't have a problem with people playing multiple games to get multiple figures. Sure some will do it just for the chance to sell on Ebay, but there are also a lot that are doing it to help out others who couldn't go to Gencon.