View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Flash_19's Maps & Scenarios: New Map 7/4/18!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I agree that it's a cool-looking map. I'm trying out maps in preparation for the Monthly right now, so I'll add it to my list for sure! At first look it does look a tad range-friendly right now, though -- there's a lot of protected non-lava high ground that figures can camp on and snipe glyphs -- but there are a lot of balancing factors you've put into it so I'll give it a spin and let you know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Love the new map! The aesthetics seem pretty good, though VS pics never do the jungle justice. I agree with Bigga about the range-friendliness. The ruins do a great job of blocking line of sight in the middle, but it seems like if you can get past the ruins then you can just shoot down into the start zone. Perhaps the jungle mitigates that a bit. Also, props for handling the ruin asymmetry in a clever, careful way. That's always hard to navigate!

By the way, I love the shape of your map! It looks slightly familiar!
First off, thanks so much for feedback. I love it when people tell me their thoughts on my maps. Secondly, I agree with you guys totally. This map definitely leans towards range - I was hoping the jungle and the placement of the jungle would help mitigate that a bit. I actually had another version of the map that had a majority of lava field tiles on that second to highest level. I’m actually curious what you guys would think of that one since having more lava field tiles on that level could help prevent camping up there - I’ll try and get it posted later today if I can to see what you think. I had shied away from it because I like lava to be more spread out. There might be a happy compromise though.

And yes @rednax , I’ve always loved the shape of your maps. . I love maps with clear distinct start zones, and having the back three rows with no odd gaps or anything is awesome.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog