View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2010, 01:48 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Batman (Terry McGinnis) ~~ Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Great write up Lord Pyre. I have a few questions/comments:
  • For Bat Evasion, does the movement occurs after the dice are rolled or after the attack is resolved?
  • I really like Comlink. It's a very fun ability with a ton of theme for Terry. Have you considered allowing Terry to have the bonus until the end of the turn? Thematically, it would show that Bruce was helping him throughout the round. Also, I would consider adding 1 to both Terry's attack and defense.
  • I'm also a big fan of Bat Cloaking. I do find it a bit weird though that Bat Cloaking gives him Stealth Flying without giving him Stealth Flying. (If that makes any sense.) In other words, abilities that would effect Stealth Flying would not effect Terry.
  • I really think he's missing range. From the cartoon, I remember him shooting Bat-a-rangs out of his wrists all the time. It would be a shame if you missed that aspect of him.
All in all, a great first draft. I look forward to seeing this one through.
Well, I don't really get what you mean. I guess I assume after the attack is resolved. Are you thinking of special attacks that do added effects? I'm not sure, then, it'd probably have to be discussed.
Thank Bats for the comlink! I wasn't going to have it on there, but he took a few of my ideas and made them cleaner, so actually these are kind of a mish mash of our ideas, that he (mostly) wrote up. I'm terrible at wording, so he was a big help!
For the cloaking, that's one power I really wanted on him, but Bats suggested adding the "stealth flying" on top of it. I was originally going to give him normal stealth flying, but it fits well this way without taking more space up on the card.
But range is one thing I REALLY don't want. That's one problem I had with the original C3G Batman, was that his main attacking power was his batarangs, when really, he only uses them to disarm or distract. For this Batman, I really wanted to emphasize the fact that he's fast, and how he flies around all the time while in fights, as a "hit and run" character. Yeah, he throws batarangs, but really only when he has to. I'd much rather him be an up close and personal fighter, and range would make his Bat Evasion (Which needs a better name... Bats suggested Bat Glider, since it's basically Goblin Glider, but I didn't care much for that, either ), probably a bit too powerful.

So basically I want to stay away from range, and focus on his stealthy, attack-from-the-shadows tactics.

Oh, and I'd love for him to be able to fly away even FROM flying characters, but that might be getting a bit too broken