View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2021, 07:33 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I can see the confusion, I was also envisioning 2 missile s that exploded for splash damage. Maybe a different name could communicate the theme better like Hellfire Missiles?
Oh you mean like groups of mini missiles that are striking all around the target instead of two explosive ones? That would make a lot more sense thematically. I actually like that. Was that the intent @Astroking112 (seemed like in your post you're still talking about a two-missile barrage instead of a many-mini-missile barrage (which, side note, is super fun to say ) but maybe that's what you were getting at).
Yeah, that was my original idea behind the power (the mini has two missile launcher containers on either side with very small missiles poking out). Personally, I visualize two swarms of smaller missiles rather than just two big ones, albeit it's easier to refer to the mechanic as a double explosion for its associated HeroScape mechanics.

It is worth noting that the original power name was actually Missile Barrage Special Attack, which probably conveys that aspect of the theme a bit better than Guided Missiles Special Attack. The only reason that I changed it back then was due to some concern in the previous submission about being able to hit targets in opposite directions--I don't have any strong ties to the current name of the Special Attack.