View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: MrNobody's Doctor Who Customs -Very much a work in progr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think you could represent the 1st Doctor's health by just giving him one less Life.
It is not like he is ever incapacitated by ill health that I remember and I have seen most episodes that are available.
He certainly is the 'weakest' Doctor but that is due to his old age.
He was never incapacitated by ill health except for that time he got so worn out he turned into Pat Troughton.

Joking aside, I see where you're coming from, but personally I disagree. Sure he was never held back by his health in the sense that he had to stop running because of his COPD or Arthritis or somesuch. However, the whole point of his regeneration (or "renewal", I suppose) was that his body was just too old and couldn't handle the stress of all those adventures, and I think that power captures that. Sure, 3 life would probably do the same thing, but I personally think going with a power instead makes him feel more dynamic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
He rolls with the most Companions, starting with three where most other incarnations only have one or two, so maybe that is an angle to explore.
Right now Five has a power that plays off the idea of a larger Tardis team, but I could easily see One having a riff off it. (Five's team often felt more like he was herding cats or small children, while One's teams usually were a tiny bit more coordinated) I would like some sort of power that gives the Hartnell Doc more of his own character instead of just being "elder statesman Doctor." Thanks for your thoughts!