View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2015, 09:50 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: I don't get it - and I don't want to (re: Muslims)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The HRW link you pointed to was to a criticism of last summer's assault into Gaza, in which Israel was trying to destroy the tunnels that terrorists used to cross into Israel, and kill and kidnap Israelis. I get it, civilians were hurt, it is truly tragic. But what is a modern, democratic nation to do, when your enemy is launching rockets from right next to a hotel, as you can see in the video above? I mean, really, are you supposed to knock on the door before you hit a building with a missile? I mean, what kind of artillery assault does that? I mean, other than this one?
Defending your own country at all costs is the understandable, sensible, and easy thing to do when you're under attack. This does NOT, however, make it justifiable by any means necessary. If defending yourself results in the degree of suffering that currently exists among the Palestinians - a degree significantly higher than the amount of suffering that those in Israel suffer - than I consider those methods immoral.

I'm not an expert on Israel. I won't pretend to be. But I see a nation where one group is living with full rights and another is living as second-class citizens. That's unjust and immoral regardless of circumstance.

I mean, isn't that what this thread is about? The United States has lost many, MANY lives due to terrorist attacks with radical Islamist roots. Would this justify deporting Muslims? Denying them full citizenship? Segregating them? No, of course not.

"Well, the circumstances are different." They are, obviously. But if anything, any action you take, requires you to institute an apartheid state, it's simply not worth it.