View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2020, 12:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Spellbook of Tarot: Temperance (Initial Playtesting)

Quote:
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Spell of Tarot: Temperance

Army Test 1
Map: Dracula’s Castle (Custom Map w/ Glyph of Wannok)
Units: Team 1 (830): Temperance (40), Cyclops I (190), Jean Grey (180), Jubilee (60), Selene (360)
Team 2 (830): Songbird (180), Iron Man Mk IV (250), Daredevil II (200), Radioactive Man (160), Kick-Ass (40)

Pre-game thoughts: Both Cyclops and Jean don’t mind not moving/attacking, so I’m going to see if I can get some value out of healing them.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Temperance actually ended up backfiring here, but even if it didn’t I think T2 would’ve won purely based on getting more attacks per turn.

Army Test 2
Units: Team 1 (800): Temperance (40), Nightwing (200), Starfire (210), Raven (190), Red Robin w/ Smoke Pellet (160)
Team 2 (800): Axe Cop (250), Captain America (240), She-Hulk (310)

Pre-game thoughts: The Titans trio is devastating enough already, so I want to see if they get worse when you add in healing.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Another game where I don’t really feel like the spell made a difference? Sure, a win for the Titans, but I’m not sure that 1 wound healed on Raven is what really did it. Also notable that again, the enemy probably benefited more than the casters.

Army Test 3
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Temperance (40), Baron Heinrich Zemo (170), Batman III (250), Zatanna I (240), Deadman (165), John Constantine (125), Atom (50)
Team 2 (1,000): Professor X (220), Jean Grey (180), Angel (90), Gambit II (170), Iceman (I) (150), Cyclops (I) (190)

Pre-game thoughts: A bit worried that the X-Men will overrun Team 1 with turn efficiency, but I wanted to see how the spell works with the intended faction.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Alas, my predictions proved true. The X-Men got some lucky hits in, and were able to steamroll most of Team 1 before they got to use their fancy gimmicks. The spell was cast here, but neither side got to really utilize it.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The spell definitely offers up some interesting strategic choices, but it’s tricky to time, and often the enemy will be able to make use of it just as much as you can.
Finally got through these.