View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@Scytale interesting idea. Even with 3 defense it can reduce average defense slightly (-25.9% if I did my math right). In theory it is like reducing any defense above 3 to 1/3 of >3 (so 6 defense is ~like 4 defense, 4 defense is ~like 3.3333). I am simplifying math a little but think the idea is interesting (even if needs worded better). I do like that it does not seem overpowered when stacked with Gothlok or any of the Attack boosters. For wording, this is slightly better but seems too formal, maybe others have ideas:
Quote:
FRAILTY AURA
When an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of <unit> rolls defense dice against a normal or special attack, if more than one shield is rolled, subtract one from the number of shields rolled.
The most interesting aspect of the aura is that it is more punishing for higher-defense units (or anyone in Raelin's aura). And, as you note, it really doesn't stack well with any other defense-reducing powers.

I like that wording.