Thread: Sports: NFL
View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2018, 04:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
LOL.
It's amazing just how many people hate the Patriots...And I'm not sure why...I guess success breads contempt.
For transparency sake - I'm a Pats fan...Have been since I came to North America and they were consistently last in their division. Probably why I dislike the Bills so much. Although I don't hate them.
There are a couple reasons why I hate them. One of which is this attitude that their fans have: you hate us cuz we're better. No, I hate the Patriots because their coach is a disgusting pig of a man. I hate the Patriots because of their institutional disdain for the rules. Has there ever been a week when Tom Brady wasn't on the injury report? Videotaping other teams' practices? Playing with under-inflated balls? It's just disdain for the rules.

Nothing ever happens to them, but it's annoying as hell to watch. And, like all good cheaters, the response is something like "every team does it," or "we didn't get punished so it didn't happen," even though both of those things are lies.

And often, as in this case, there's an officiating call making a difference in a tight game. In a close game you say "experience beating inexperience," but of course you could just as easily say "one enormous blown call," by the premature termination of a play, and either way you are describing something that happened on the field. In fact, the blown call is a better explanation, in that it's something concrete you can point to instead of the nebulous "experience" thing.

Also, Tom Brady is an asshole. Maybe not as big an asshole as Belichik, but they are both right up there as leading assholes in the NFL. *You* might not care about whether your team is populated with, or led by, assholes, but I do.

You want to root for the Patriots, then go ahead. But keep your sneering to yourself. You can have your wins, and your team led by a pair of sneering, disgusting men, and I'll root for my team that doesn't win so often but also doesn't get embroiled in biannual cheating scandals.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =