View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:59 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

I quite like the idea of basing this sculpt off of Durnipia. Even if she doesn't explicitly reference the alien lizard arm transplant, it's a fun piece of lore that fits the reptilian appearance of the sculpt. Just my .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous
WATER HEALER
Einar
5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 3 Attack / 3 Defense

CARRIED BY WAVES
While Kiora is on a normal land space (is there a technical name for these?), that space and all same-level spaces adjacent to Kiora are considered water spaces. (I'm pretty sure c3v had a unit in public playtesting that did this with swamp water, so we could just use the wording from that).

HEALING WATERS
After taking a turn with Kiora, roll the d20 for each friendly figure within four clear sight spaces on a water space. If you roll a ?13? or higher, remove a wound from that figure.
Mika Connour sets a precedent for referencing land spaces. We can look at cribbing the C3V wording when **-***-** releases (there are a couple of differences, but the unit should be releasing relatively soon, so I'll leave it at that until then).

If Kiora is converting adjacent spaces to water, then it's critical to add something to this effect to the power:
Quote:
...Kiora and any friendly figures adjacent to her do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.
Because the above draft does not have Slither, it would presumably have to stop its movement after every space. Extending that movement to figures adjacent to Kiora gives her a new niche for fording rivers and prevents her from clogging up her own starting zones.