View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
What's the mini used?
D&D War Drums Warforged Bodyguard.

Quote:
Sentinel is a solid design. A few issues to consider.

The design lacks a cohesive vision. Is he a commander? Just a rank-and-file soldier? A bodyguard? The combination of Soldier, Loyal, and Combat Leader tend to pull it in different directions. This isn't a major issue, but a change to the class and/or personality could go a long way to bringing the theme together.
Closer to commander than soldier, I'd say. Suppose I changed Soldier to Leader and to Loyal to Disciplined?

Quote:
"Sentinel" is a cool name, but not one that can be used. The problem is that there is already a class called Sentinel, and even a power that plays off that class, Knight and Sentinel Enhancement. It is not clear if that power is supposed to apply to this figure named Sentinel or not. I'm afraid the name will have to change.
Couple that issue with a design shift towards leader, and I'd say you're right. Could focus on his SA, or on his leadership capabilities (small though they may be). If focusing on the SA, perhaps Hammer/Hammerfell? If focusing on his leadership, Chief, Forefront, Spearhead, Vanguard?

Quote:
Well SoA... it looks okay. Not sure there's anything wrong with it. It doesn't leap out at me in any great way, though. I do like Combat Leader as a subtle boost for the Warforged, but he doesn't seem to bring them anything new to the table. Heirloom already provides an Area Effect SA, and his is more powerful. I don't understand what Sentinel does that Siege/Heirloom don't already do--aside from the subtle initiative boost, of course.
Since I'd prefer moving towards leader rather than soldier, perhaps enhance his leadership in the most obvious way to differ him from the other Warforged heroes; give him Warforged Leadership. Considering that possibility brings up an interesting point of whether to replace Combat Leader with it, or to eliminate his SA in favor of Leadership.

Suppose the following changes to the design:
Spoiler Alert!

Conversely, I could move him closer to Soldier than Leader with these changes:
Spoiler Alert!

I'm more partial to the first, but that's just me.