View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2019, 10:47 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I did a quick cursory search for availability on that box, and it unfortunately doesn't seem to be passable (I saw like three copies on Amazon and one elsewhere). I'd like to see more Varkaanans, but finding good sculpts will be a challenge.

I agree with what's been said about Wolf Pack. It's essentially the defining feature of the faction (common squad notwithstanding), and I think that either it or another power that evokes the same feeling is important to a Unique Varkaanan Squad.

I would expect the "if one got a kill then all get to move and attack again" direction to be workable rules-wise, but I'm a little concerned about it mechanically when paired with Wolf Pack and a boost to OM3. Two turns with the same 6 move/5 attack squad is already potent when it succeeds, and coupling that with Wolf Pack may create too much of an incentive to always play the Varkaanans in a certain way.