View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: The BOARDS of ONLINE HEROSCAPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I completely agree with making a new thread, for a couple reasons:
  1. We are almost exclusively using these maps in google docs as part of the integrated online interface, so there's no point in forcing people to go through an extra step of creating a document instead of copying an existing one.

2. I strongly dislike the "Heroskype" name. I believe that the previous sentence marks the second time I have ever typed it on these forums (and the first time in almost a year). I dislike it because it creates a false impression about how we play. Granted, it was accurate back when people were saying "I move Sir Gilbert to G3" to each other on skype. But that stopped being the way we did things by round 2 of the first online event. When we use this term, we perpetuate an incorrect impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
As an aside with respect to the gameboards you have made, Typhon: I don't particularly like the "casualty areas". The main reason is that they take up space, which means that everything else must be smaller to accomodate them. Also, some people simply delete their casualties unless they have some significance (e.g. zombies or skeletons or vikings), and in several of those cases a casualty area actually isn't helpful (since the location of the destroyed figure is significant).
Hey, what can I say? I have a big monitor, so saving space isn't that significant. But that's not the main issue for me. I like the Casualties boxes because I can see, at a single, glance, who has lost what. I HATE having to hunt around the entire online board to see where an opponent's killed figures are. So I like boxes to encourage people to line up their killed figures in a clearly-defined area, rather than scattering them, willy-nilly, around the margins of the map image.

And for the Gods of Valhalla's sake, people, please stop giving me flak about the casualties boxes! MegaSilver was the first to suggest that we make ready-to-play GoogleDocs boards with the map images already pre-loaded. A great idea. But it got no response whatsoever. So I thought, what the heck, somebody's gotta get things started, and began cranking out my first few pre-loaded boards. Of course I went with my own preferences when creating them. And of course I expected others to have different ideas about what constituted an ideal layout. That's precisely why I started this thread, and set this new system up: so we can start enjoying a *variety* of ready-to-play boards catering to all tastes. So stop your bellyaching, and start posting some boards instead.

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 25th, 2012 at 03:45 AM.