View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2020, 03:56 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 5/16/20: Draft Horses]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
A little confused by the huge price tag per squad. Is the idea to only have 1 squad in each army? Also...I'm just not sure horses on their own should have that much attack/defense...unless these are supposed to be like the massive war horses of the medieval ages where they were trained to attack?
The huge price tag is mostly to discourage them in tournament-style games. I'm concerned about being able to freely reposition up to 3 figures with any powers for a single Order Marker, even if it's kind of prohibitively expensive to take that many units in one army. It has a lot of combo potential with pretty much any kind of unit, so I'd rather that they turn out to be a C unit competitively (or even F, though I don't think they're that bad) so long as they're fun in casual scenarios. They're really intended more for 700 or 1000 point games.

Horses are pretty tough creatures. Their kicks are extremely strong and dangerous, so I feel like anything less than 3 attack is kind of unthematic regardless of the time period. I still considered 2 attack in earlier iterations of the squad that were cheaper, but since I want these guys to be very expensive, I figured that 3 attack gives them a better chance at filling out their points.