Thread: Help With Wurdz
View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2014, 01:46 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Help With Wurdz

Thanks Dad_Scaper for your help. With the wurdz.

The name for MOP11 was originally Cadaverous Touch, and a discussion on this power's name starts here and goes on for a few pages if you want to see how it evolved with community input. Here are some of the names that were suggested:

Cadaverous Blight
Necrotic Infection
Withering Grasp
Cadaverous Grasp
Cadaverous Blight
Cadaverous Cloud
Curse of the Crypt
Aura of Death
Deathly Touch
Deathly Retribution
Putrid
Deadly Rot
Chilling Wound
And, recently, Pestilential Curse.

Personally, I like "Necrotic Infection" or "Cadaverous Grasp" but that may be because I came up with them. If you get close enough to wound him, you may get infected somehow. (He grabs you? Sneezes on you?) Some others had suggested the "cloud" aspect so we ended up with Miasma. (Now I'm going to take it as a personal challenge to come up with another custom with a "Misama" power!) But the "cloud" idea isn't necessary.

The "11" was suggested (I think in the 3FG) because someone said the power might get reused with a different set of odds. (I originally had an attack die roll instead of a d20 roll, I think.) But that's easily dropped.

So, any thoughts on what I should name the power? Something from the list above? Something else entirely?

Oh, and thanks SoA for the catch on Aura vs. Enhancement. I'll fix that too.

Thanks again for your help!