View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
... My problem is I can never quite find the right range unit to pick with them that fits into the whole theme. ...
Until we get squads of some medieval longbow men, the closest theme match may be the Aubrien Archers (elves and knights -- why not, they also believed in unicorns, etc.). It also can give you a LoTR theme with humans and elves fighting side by side.

But one of my favorite armies is:

2x Knights
2x 4th Mass
Sir Gilbert
Finn
Eldgrim
(or you can take out Finn and Eldgrim and use Sgt Drake)

The knights bonding, Finn and Gilbert's attack aura's can make the knights a very powerfull melee force - position them right and you can get a knight with 5 attack (6 with height or glyph). Eldgrim is usefull for getting glyphs early in the game (don't expect him to hold them too long) and then he can help Gilbert's move to keep him up with the knights (assuming you use Jandar's dispatch to help their move). Also being all valiant, the 4th Mass get an extra defense and you can use Gilbert's Jandar's dispatch to move them and still get the wait then fire bonus.

I can't wait until the Knights Templar get here - will have to lose Finn and Edgrim to fit them in the 500 pt army (assuming they don't cost over 115pts) -- of course we could start playing 600 point armies.