View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Reverse the Whip Army Archetypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post

RtW is hard to wrap my head around; this is a nice primer. It seems like you wanna go 3-0 with the worst army you can get away with, although to hit day 2 as consistently as some of you do, that's probably not the case. I'd like AG's plus Krug, but that's probably too strong?
I don't think it's near as difficult as everybody makes it out to be. Bring something that you can manage well and something that you think others will struggle to manage.

Now, what you manage and what you force others to manage, that can be quite interesting.
It's actually kinda true, we probably overcomplicate things slightly. That said, I was able to go 3-0 in RtW rounds against my army because my opponents weren't able to leverage the weapons in my Toolbox to their maximum potential. I was also able to win two of my games with my army (including vs. a strong player The Orange Mailman using 4x Mezzos and Nilfheim). I lost to Dok in a game that I was able to at least keep close and perhaps could have won but for a round in which I mismanaged 2 of 3 OMs. I needed some good dice and for Dok to have some bad dice and it happened, but I just wasn't able to close it (managed to kill Torky and the Grubs though). Other loss was to Nick running 4x Stingers and Braxas; I had tools to kill them but not quite enough, was able to kill Braxas and 7 Stingers. Could have won with a stronger army, but definitely not at least one of the RtW rounds.