View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2015, 03:29 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
This sounds super confusing. What's the incentive as the second player to bid. Almost seems convoluted enough that i'd just want to skip it and go straight to playing. Furthermore it seems like winning the dice off is more of a bane than a boon as the other player can force you to play under the point total.
If I've brought Drudge and you've brought Stingers and my opening bid is "Eh, I'll play a Stinger light.", if you don't bid lower you're going to have to beat Stingers with Drudge.

As to the diceoff, well it all depends on the armies. In some situations, playing under the point total is not a bad thing. I'll take 2 squads of 4th Mass against about 5 squads of Groks. The goal is to end up with a balanced matchup. In some matchups, winning the diceoff will give you an advantage and in some it won't.

~Dysole, hopefully clarifying