View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Reviving this thread after a bit of a lull. I apologize for the video, but I can't get the stupid link to work, and I'm sick of trying...

Small Box Games has just launched a Kickstarter for what is advertised as the last printing of Omen:Reign of War, the "Omega Edition." For anyone that hasn't played this game, it is a excellent two-player game that involves some excellent player interaction and screwage with some awesome artwork and mechanics (thinking of you @Dad_Scaper) The game has been out of print for a couple of years now, and you can pick up the regular edition for less than $20 through this campaign. Check out it's page on BGG, where it has some excellent reviews by some very well-known names.

Disclaimer: I already own the game, and I don't have any financial interest in Small Box Games, but for anyone not aware, the owner and designer of Small Box Games is John Clowdus, who got his start designing customs on Heroscapers ( @justjohn was his user name, I believe). He has had some modest success with his company, but I think his games deserve much more recognition, particularly Omen and Hemloch, which are both excellent.

Anyway, check the Kickstarter out and maybe help out an old Hersocapers alumni in the process.
Thanks again for the tip, akden. This project funded easily on the first day, I'm hoping for stretch goals. If it hits 1,500 backers, we get a new edition of Hemlock, which is also supposed to be a great game.

Fingers crossed!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =