View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2016, 11:21 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/C3G for AotP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Does that mean that you are of the mind that AotP is balanced compared compared to Heroscape? I personally feel that it is and know that I am in the minority. I would like to see PoS to be the group that melded the existing units and cards into Heroscape. In a way that would make them tournament viable. Custom units and cards would not be touched while the game is in production.
I think they are balanced. I think they change the metagame in ways most Heroscape players won't like. Stingers, 4th Mass, Knights of Weston, etc. can still beat them. The problem is that most players have reached a point where they don't count on running into armies that powerful anymore. I think most tourney-goers these days play C to B ranked armies and typically do reasonably well with them. AotP means they can't have that expectation anymore.

I hope there are some minor tweaks that can be made to make the difference less drastic.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV