View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Crossbones (Initial Playtesting)

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Crossbones

Army Test
Map: Shiver (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (800): Crossbones (150), Red Skull (250), HYDRA Agents x2 (160), Clayface (Karlo) (240)
Team 2 (800): Star-Lord (250), Jack Flag (190), Rover (160), Kraven (200)

Spoiler Alert!

One Punch Jack.

Don’t feel like I got all too much useful info in this game. I did enjoy the 2-round Star-Lord vs. Crossbones slugfest at the end, but it was basically just a stat fight by that point.

Army Test
Map: Under The “El”
Units: Team 1 (900): Crossbones (150), Captain America (240), Hawkeye II (160), Huntress (170), Robin (Tim Drake) (170), Alfred (60)
Team 2 (900): Sinestro (330), Lyssa Drak (240), Sinestro Corps Soldier x3 (330)

Spoiler Alert!

Crossbones + Hawkeye + Cap is a fairly effective combo, and tossing Alfred on top theoretically just makes it even better. That theory just didn’t happen to hold up in this specific game.

I wanted to try him against some Lanterns just to explore how they felt against Brutality, and yeah, I think it needs a SS restriction.

Army Test
Map: Under The “El”
Units: Team 1 (800): Crossbones (150), Captain America (240), Wasp II (160), Red Skull (250)
Team 2 (800): Wrecking Crew

Spoiler Alert!

Team 1 didn’t really feel like it had the connective tissue to take on the Wrecking Crew. Maybe if Crossbones had a vantage point where he could snipe from relative safety and get the benefit of being in clear sight of Cap and Red Skull, but that didn’t really exist on this map.

NOTE: Made the change to Brutality 4 and added SS restriction

Army Test
Map: Road Rampage (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (670): Crossbones (150), MK Scorpion (205), Hand Mystics (145), Hand Ninja x2 (170)
Team 2 (670 680): Hood (180), Whirlwind (190), Scarecrow (170), Wizard (140)

Spoiler Alert!

It’s really frustrating to see Human Shield fail when trying to use it with one of your own Squad figures. That is something I’d consider changing.

Crossbones again proved to be pretty fragile. He tried to use Ninjas as shields, but couldn’t get the roll and Hood was able to take him out with a lucky double attack from height. Still, for a Hand build he’s a natural fit

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: A double attack of 4 for 150 points is a really solid deal. Sure, you have to jump through the OM hoop to get that out of Crossbones, but there are more than enough OM managers that work with him, so I never felt limited.

His main weakness is his fragility. He desperately wants to stay unengaged, and even then 4/4 aren’t exactly great stats for keeping him alive. I think making Human Shield more consistent would help with that a bit. I think it might be nice to have Human Shield trigger after attack dice are rolled as well, just to give you a tiny bit more of a tactical option on when to use it.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Fragility is an issue, but other than that, Crossbones is pretty rad! Trigger Man and Human Shield both bring something pretty fresh to the game, which is always cool to see. He’s a fun expansion to the Terrorist army that offers a pretty decent ranged attack option on the cheap.
Some kinda funky results, but I feel like I have enough data now. I'm not putting too much credence on Game 2's blowout loss; it was non-flying figures vs. flying figures on a map with a ton of elevation.