View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2022, 01:09 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: NO POSTING - Heroscape 2.0 News from Designers and Staff

I thought this from DS on the concept art process was an interesting read
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SkyWhale
You haven't drawn any [sketches]? Not even very rough drafts?
Oh, definitely not. Here's the process: We talk through the look we envision for one faction or another with Craig. He workshops it with us, individually at this point, to make it better. Then we get to work on our designs.

Some time later, maybe a few weeks or a couple of months, he produces a "board" - I forget the name - which has some doodles on it that express the vibe that we're going for. I suppose that, at that point, we could object, but these boards are always so cool that that doesn't happen.

Then we work on our designs. When the designs are basically in their final form, Craig works with the sketch artist or artists to produce these sketches and the minis. I'm not sure what the order of operations is on that side of things.

Sometimes we then tweak the design to match some feature of what the artist has created, which is of course not a problem. Working with existing sculpts is something that we have been doing, in the C3V, for 12 years.

I have already said elsewhere that it has been an extraordinary thing, to see the ideas from my brain go down onto paper, and then from paper to a sketch, and then from a sketch to a mini. It's really been wonderful.

edit: Thank you for your interest. One point of clarification. We've already put down some design ideas when the boards ("mood boards"?) are created. We're working on designs throughout. So the boards are created with that in mind. Also, the sketches are based on our designs. Sometimes with some variation or other, but normally they are prepared exactly for what we've created with the designs we put on paper.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV