View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2019, 04:17 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Editing

We originally were considering Neural Stimulant, but were hesitant because the name evokes drug imagery more than what Hasbro might've released. "Stimulator" sounds a little better to me personally, but not enough for me to really like it. That said, I think that I was the main one who wasn't comfortable with Neural Stimulant in the first place, so if I'm alone then I can certainly be outvoted.

I do think that the name is vague enough to encompass many technological justifications for the boost, although this is probably part of where the issue is coming from. In trying to avoid an explicit drug reference, we're essentially letting the reader justify the reason in their mind, which won't always come across. As Scytale said, just "Enhancement" on its own doesn't really explain why he has to take damage to use the power, for instance.

Here are some of the other ideas that we had thrown around before settling on Neural Enhancement, if we want to go with a new name altogether:
Neural Hack
Reprogram
Overload
Overclock Implants