View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2021, 07:04 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Yes, I have a thread on here but admittedly I usually go to discord or keep most of my customs to myself because I don't think they'd interest anyone. I've only recently tried to get move involved with the community and this hobby because I would like to improve my process and designs on the whole. Most stuff I've made in the past 10 years has been good enough for me, I wanted to step out and try to improve. I'm open to learning what I need to learn.
You are most welcome to become a more active member of this community. It's nice to see your ambition and enthusiasm. It's also admirable that you are looking for ways to gain feedback and improve as a designer.

But you won't go far toward that goal if you misuse the resources available to you. You shouldn't be posting here if you do so because this workshop is more active than others; this thread was created for the specific purpose of giving feedback on designs that are intending submission to the SoV and are nearly ready to be. This is a service the community provides to help designs get through Yea/Nay gauntlet of SoV and VC. Posting multiple designs in a short timeframe, as well as making swift, sweeping changes to them, suggests otherwise. Please realize that it takes real time and effort to critique someone's custom, so this thread needs to remain focused on it's goal.

Your own customs thread is the best thing you can use for self-improvement. It can be deflating when others don't jump in and comment, but it's a give-and-take relationship. A while back I wrote a Codex article Criticism: Giving and Taking for creators like you that are looking for feedback from the community. Please take a look.

I wrote a number of other Codex articles to assist customs creators as well, such as Designing for SoV Approval.