View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2014, 01:22 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jackal(Public Playtesting)

Here's my report.

As-is, I think Jackal's balanced. He has the potential to swing the game, but he's too unreliable and too costly to be overpowered at anything under 1,200 points. Once you get into higher cost games (1,600 to 2,000) he's incredibly valuable, but there's no way to avoid that and there's plenty of units that get much stronger in games like that.

The theme is great. Cellular Degeneration is very thematic and makes Jackal very interesting to play. However, the roll of 18+ is just too high in my opinion. It makes him so extremely unreliable that I don't think I'd draft him unless I was playing at at least 1,600 points. Personally, I'd like to see the roll brought down to at least 16+ and his cost bumped up to compensate (260 maybe?). Alternatively, I think you could get away with making Degeneration even worse, like 1 die at the end of each turn but 3 unblockable wounds at the end of each round. That paired with a lower roll would make him a little more consistent that you could play him at a lower cost, but without completely losing his swingy feel. My .

Anyways, here you go:

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Jackal

- THEME TEST
Pass

- MIRROR TEST
Pass

- BONDING TEST
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST
Pass

- POWER CHECK
Pass

- FUN TEST
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST
Pass

- USAGE TEST
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST
Pass

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No?
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 235, maybe more
- Give a brief overview. Jackal didn't do anything this game except hit his Cloning roll once, which really helped his team get the win. Had he failed to get an 18+, it would have been much closer and his team could have lost; but as it happened, he brought back Captain Marvel (Batson), who tore apart the enemy despite taking 6 wounds from Cellular Degeneration and dying a second time. However, despite the big win this game, Jackal didn’t do anything Arnim Zola couldn’t have since he only successfully got Cloning once, and it was on a Human.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: Never attacked.
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Experimental Cloning 18: 18+ rolled 1 times out of 4 attempts; cloned Captain Marvel (Batson).
Drug Tipped Claws: Never attacked.
Cellular Degeneration:
- Captain Marvel V2: Took 3 turns, was alive at the end of 1 round; 6 wounds taken out of 8 total dice.

Map: Grundy’s Graved (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Jackal, Captain Marvel (Batson), Oracle, Green Arrow (Ollie), Red Arrow, Beat Cops x3 (1,200 points) VS Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Iron Man (Hasbro), Magma (1,185 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 235 seems okay
- Give a brief overview. Jackal just wasn’t needed this game. His team got kind of lucky and was able to take on the Warriors Three fine by themselves. Jackal got to roll for his Cloning in attempt to bring back Lizard twice, but failed both his rolls.

UNIT SUM-UP
Experimental Cloning 18: 18+ rolled 0 times out of 2 attempts.
Cellular Degeneration: N/A

Map: Grundy’s Grave (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Jackal, Wendigo, Lizard, Frankenstein (1,105 points) VS Asgardian Warrior x1, Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg (1,110 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 235 seems high this game
- Give a brief overview. The Mutants outmatched the Wrecking Crew severely, and the only hope the Wrecking Crew had was Jackal; if he had cloned once or twice, the game could have been there’s. But as it is, Jackal just didn't offer anything to his team and ultimately let them down.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: 1 wound to Blob.
Experimental Cloning 18: 18+ rolled 0 times out of 4 attempts.
Drug Tipped Claws: Never attacked a figure with OMs on its card.
Cellular Degeneration: N/A

Map: Grundy’s Grave (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Jackal, Wrecker, Bulldozer, Thunderball, Piledriver (1,035 points) VS Professor X, Blob, Magneto (I), Silver Samurai, Dazzler (1,035 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 4
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 235 or so
- Give a brief overview. I intentionally designed this game to last longer so that Jackal would get more chances for cloning, and it worked. Over ten rounds Jackal was able to clone Black Adam twice, and due to some lucky Degeneration rolls, he was able to stick around long enough both times to deal serious amounts of damage to the enemy.

UNIT SUM-UP
Experimental Cloning 18: 18+ rolled 2 times out of 7 attempts; order of cloning: Black Adam, Black Adam.
Cellular Degeneration:
- Black Adam V2: Took 6 turns, was alive at the end of 1 round; 6 wounds taken out of 14 total dice.
- Black Adam V3: Took 3 turns, was alive at the end of 0 rounds; 2 wounds taken out of 6 total dice.

Map: Swamp Lab (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Jackal, Sage, Invisible Woman, Beat Cops x4, Black Adam, She-Hulk, Judge Dredd (1,730 points) VS Master Mold, Sentinels x6, Forge, Mastermind (1,740 points)
Spoiler Alert!

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!