View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Documentary about Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
It might be better if it focused on more than just heroscape. If it just focuses on Heroscape then no one besides us will want to see it and people will dismiss it more readily. However, if it focuses on the gaming community as a whole and Heroscape is 1/3 of the movie or less, more people will see it and it would actually bring more notoriety to heroscape as a great example of what the movie is trying to say about gamers.

Take it or leave it, but I think everyone at BGG and all the Gaming cons would love to see it. Although there is already "Going Cardboard" being produced and there was Uber Goober already - so you might want to differentiate yourself.
First of all I can't tell you how excited I am about this project. It's a great idea, and personally I would love to know what actually caused the death of heroscape.

But about mass appeal, yea, I gotta agree with lefton4ya here. You could choose several really high quality games and discuss how and why each one of them failed. If I remember correctly there was a famous board game reviewer (no I don't remember his name, but I think he was a minister from Texas or some such thing) who's favorite board game was out of production, and his third favorite (Heroscape) is now out of production.

Focusing on several top reviewed and very different board games might make it an interesting piece about the market, and why board games fail in general.

But heh, I'm not a movie maker so I'm sure you know better than me.