View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2020, 12:12 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I have a rules question that I've had for a long time that still don't think I've got a satisfying answer to. Are you allowed to sit figures in your army even if you aren't over on figures? Like if you think not having those figures in your army is an advantage.

Relevant situations
1. Squad figures with Zelrig. You can sometimes avoid more casualties than figures you take off the board if you're making your startzone less packed and prone to massive Majestic Fires.
2. Nonvaliant with 4th Mass. It's kind of dumb trick but in Reverse the Whip you could throw like a Feral Troll in there with the 4th and you honestly would just rather play without him. You can shoot him on your way out of the startzone but it's not a guaranteed kill either and you aren't taking the shots on your opponent that might be available.
3. Marcu vs. Marcu in a matchup where one Marcu is more useful than the other. Marcu blocks the other Marcu from rolling Eternal Hatred which totally changes him. So say on a board with an Ulvania glyph, a Marcu army that includes Marro Warriors can risk free send Marcu to Ulvania to hold that glyph. If the other player without a unique squad in his army sits his Marcu they can't do this as risk free.

The question of if these are necessarily the best strategies isn't really relevant but to me the question of can you do this is. I'm honestly completely 50/50 on what the correct answer is and I'm curious what the rule experts here say.