View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2022, 08:00 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: New England Tourney 10/1/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Would people be interested in getting lunch before the event? There are a bunch of restaurants close to the game store, and back when IslandScape was a thing down on Long Island, some of us would get lunch at the Panera right by that game store. It was always a fun pre-tourney hang, and it's especially nice for anyone traveling a bit farther. I know Chris, my dad, and I are planning on grabbing lunch beforehand (not sure where yet).
I'd definitely join for lunch before. And I'm always up for a Panera

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Also, would people prefer 4 or 5 rounds if we have 16 or less? With 16 people, 4 rounds leads to a clean championship between 2 3-1s (and it works if there are less than 16 too). But 5 rounds is more bang for your buck, especially for those traveling farther. IslandScape was always 5 rounds, and sometimes the 4-0 would lose to a 3-1 in the championship (happened to me once), and the winner of that game would be the winner overall. I have no problem doing it that way, and I think 5 rounds is just better (assuming we have more than just, say, 8 people), but I'm open to suggestions.
More rounds is definitely better. I'd certainly prefer 5 rounds regardless of whether it makes a 'clean break' or not.